The Pitt Alumni Recruitment Team (PART) draws from an enthusiastic volunteer network of Pitt alumni from around the world.
Each member brings a unique perspective and wealth of experience to the program, and that is what makes PART so successful!
The Pitt Alumni Recruitment Team utilizes alumni to increase University of Pittsburgh visibility across the nation,
extend undergraduate recruitment efforts far beyond their usual scope, and share Pitt experiences from an alumni perspective.
Alumni volunteer their time in order to:
- Represent the University of Pittsburgh at thousands of college fairs nationwide
- Act as a contact for prospective students in their area
- Serve a local high school by assisting with distribution of recruitment materials
Alumni members are prepared to assist with recruitment activities by:
- Help to develop relationships between Pitt and high schools and administrators in their community
in order to attract strong candidates to Pitt.
- Extend undergraduate recruitment and connect with students in regions not typically reached by the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
- Alumni members share their perspective of what itís like to be a Pitt alumnus
- Completing an online training and receiving certification
- Utilizing and retaining a training manual
- Viewing an online webinar presentation on admissions, financial aid, and recruitment tips.
- Communicating and working with a personal contact within the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
|Heather Abrams, Associate Director
Heather grew up in the suburbs of Pittsburgh and always knew she wanted to attend the University of Pittsburgh.
Her father has worked for Pitt for over 30 years and both of her sisters graduated from Pitt so she always has
been immersed in the Pitt community. Heather earned her B.A. in Communication in 2006 and her M. Ed in Higher
Education Management in 2010, both from the University of Pittsburgh. For the past seven years she has been
working for the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid focusing on On-Campus recruitment programs, admissions
staff training, out of state recruitment, and supervising the Pitt Pathfinders.
|Alexandra Bortot, Admissions Counselor
Alexandra (Ali) is a Pittsburgh native and grew up cheering for the Pitt Panthers. She joined the Office of
Admission and Financial Aid in May 2012 after earning her B.A. in Political Science and History from the
University of Pittsburgh. During her time as an undergraduate at Pitt, she was involved in the Greek community
as a sister of Delta Delta Delta, and she was a Pitt Pathfinder. As an admissions counselor, Ali serves as the
PART program manager.